Destination: Preah Vihear Province, BeTreed Adventures eco-lodge
Transportation will be provided from Phnom Penh at 8:00 am. Plan of trip:
Located in a hidden corner of Preah Vihear Province, BeTreed Adventures is one of the most remote eco-lodges in all of Cambodia.
BeTreed conserves and protects the 6400-hectare Phnom Tnout Forest and visitors can contribute to its preservation with a stay in a stunning treehouse or traditional stilt house.What to see and to do:
- Birdwatching will entail early rising and late afternoon hikes to areas frequented by a variety of birds. Some lucky hikers will be able to experience wildlife encounters: deer, macaques, langurs, gibbons, squirrels, banteng are all resident but many are still a little wary of people for understandable reasons.
- A zipline ride over the saddle of the mountain and back again each over 300m long taking in views over the forest.
- A short hike (1.5km) to Prasat Preah Puol, a small temple ruin from the Angkorian period at the top of the mountain, and then continuing across the mountain top to some waterholes will take up the good part of a day; or over the top to the mountain "ridge" where you can hike overlooking, again a huge expanse of Dry Dipterocarp Forest (about 8km for the loop). There is also a pile of rocks which the French put there, called The French Flagpole by the villagers, or a detour to a marsh in a open area of the forest, where lots of animals go for drinking.
- A hike to the northern most point on the mountain skirting the Dry Dipterocarp Forest plain, while walking on the edge of the Evergreen. This way you can experience Cambodia's varied forest biomes.
- A hike to the river northeast of our home, where you can swim, enjoy the shady bamboo trees and watch our horses grazing in their paddock.
- A day trip to Preah Khan of Kompong Svay (sometimes called Prasath Bakan) can be arranged. Constructed during the Angkorian era, this is the largest temple enclosure covering five square kilometres. Located about one hour driving time from BeTreed Adventures, travel will generally be on the back of a motorbike (at an additional charge paid to the driver). There is also a small admission charge to the temple.
- Or, if you prefer. just hanging out in your hammock watching the trees, reading a book, relaxing in pure nature.
Through visiting, you will support these conservation efforts, encouraging the will of the people to preserve and protect their forest as they realise that conservation can provide a tangible and immediate benefit to them.BeTreed
will give you a real Cambodian Eco-Adventure.
We try to tailor your activities to what you are interested in. So, if you particularly like birds
, we'll wake you up early for the morning bird-chorus. For bug lovers, we can take you out at night and look under every leaf. For those just wishing to hike and hike and hike, that can also be arranged.. with many kilometres of jungle trail to explore. We can take you out to look for the endangered wildlife
, such as banteng
or pileated gibbons
or silvered langurs
; or to gather and process the camera trap images. Lots of things to do so just let us know what you are interested in.